Friday, January 6, 2017

Diary of a Launch Entry 12 I'm Back!

Hello there!  Oh my goodness, have I been away for a long while.  Yikes!  Six months away from my diary here.  No, I didn't give up on my business development.  It's more like I went a bit "underground" for a while.  Woodshedding, so to speak.

From the Urban Dictionary
Woodshedding

"To practice or hone skills, particularly musical skills, the origin is from the fact that for purposes of privacy people would go to their woodshed to practice without being overheard."

In a way I'm practicing my "musical skills", if one considers developing a career that allows for lots of freedom, mobility, creativity, and helping others along the same lines as music: vocal or instrumental sounds combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

I would like that.  For my career, my art that I offer the world, to produce beauty, harmony and emotion in people.  In this regard, my instruments are the tools of my trade, the internet, my knowledge and my resources.

Envision with me for a moment a world where everyone performs their services for their communities and the world, as if a dance, a song, a painting.  How uplifting that would be.  I'm not surprised really, that as I think of developing my business I use analogies from the arts.  I was an artist dancer for the first half of my life, honing my skills in the studio, and performing my story on stage.   

Writers are also known to go into woodshed phases.  I so love to write.  But let me not digress.    

For me, this time, while I've been away from keeping this diary updated, I went "into my shed" so to explore the varied aspects of mysef in regards to my perceived choices of: retirement, marriage, employee employment or the life of an entrepreneur internet marketer.  Or which of these could I combine to create my next life chapter story?  

Today is a breakthrough day for me, in that it is my first day, in a year of studying the ways of internet marketing business, that I actually am looking forward to my day of studies.  What helps to create this upbeat feeling is that I've been busy "closing loops" and getting focused.

Closing loops so that the 'loose ends' of my life are not running around in my mind, cluttering up my available brain power.  Now I can relax and focus a tad bit better, having quite a bit of my extraneous activities nicely scheduled into my week.  This way, I know when something will have my undivided attention.  Until then, when I think of these things, I quietly remind them they will have their time this week.  My 'To Do' list feels like a bunch of exuberant puppies if I don't schedule them for their own time during the week.

Resources
David Allen is a great resource for learning how to manage our most busy lives.
And great thanks to David Mills and his Alchemy training for the understanding about 'closing loops'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment