Thursday, November 19, 2015

An Inner Compass For Living - Day 3 of Blog Challenge



Good evening!
I’m finding this writing practice is coming naturally to me at evening time. 
So interesting how grounding this is for me.   My day can be filled with lots of input and emotion, sometimes feeling like I am all over the map.  Then comes the time to settle into writing and I get to ask, okay, what was today about really!

Where is my compass set? 
Are my days course correcting so I stay on track? 
Am I following a time line to my desired destination? 

And honestly I must say no at this point.   Given my life was turned radically upside down at the beginning of this year; it’s been a chaotic year of upheaval that I really did not see coming.  My biggest take away so far is that I welcome the jump start on learning new manners of living.  Life doesn’t feel neat and tidy anymore, and certainly not very controlable.  It causes me to wonder; are these signs of times to come as the Great Transition gets underway in its robust fullness?

Having lost my stable home of many decades earlier this year, I’m learning how to find home within.  Having set a goal to radically simplify, I’m learning how to let go of many things on my To Do list.  Yes, the art of simplifying is both a physical and mental game.  The mental side is a new realization for me; for after letting go of many of my physical possessions, I found my mind is tremendously cluttered with thoughts and beliefs that do not align with my deeper core values.    This has shown me that I’m living a life out of congruence with what I most value.  

It’s time I re-envision my whole strategy for living.  All signs point to first changing my inner mental landscape.  All my favorite teachings, spiritual and personal, point me to this inner game.   It’s an inside job.  

So I ask again, after this time of reflective writing; have I a compass with a destination?  My compass is set inwardly, to an inner GPS that leads me onward to a life of self-realization.      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment