Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Perfectionist - Day 11 Blog Challenge


It's all in the showing up.  How do I show up for life?

This inner critic can be harsh.  It can be perfectionistic to the extreme.

This propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards can freeze up the creative process.  

My daily intention to show up here everyday for a month reveals to me my inner perfectionist.  A voice that says, "If what I offer can't be perfect, well then I just won't show up".  How can I invite in some thinking out of the box here and loosen up a bit? 

I may be tired and feel I can't give my best, so I won't give anything at all.  That type of thinking does not serve me here and feels like a call for compassion.   

My commitment to show up daily here is not a commitment to be perfect.  Not at all.  What part of me is trying to hold back my urge to create here?  Let me see you.  Let me know you.  Let me hear you.  I am curious.  Who are you that is trying to make this seemingly simple act of showing up a complicated "I can't do it, I don't want to do it" tantrum.  Whatever part of me it is, I want to let you know "I love you", and I love creating with you no matter how you are feeling.     

My treasured reader, how do you show up for life?

No comments:

Post a Comment