Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Settling In - Day 2 of Blog Challenge


Greetings,
Just getting into the rhythm of this daily writing.  So topics and material to write on are patiently waiting in the sidelines while I build up this consistency of showing up daily.  I've been getting really personal with my fears lately and I've reverted back to the Kaizen method, a wonderful process of taking tiny tiny steps towards a goal.  Steps so tiny that the fear mechanism does not get triggered.

A good ole google search brings up this definition: Kaizen, also known as continuous improvement, is a long-term approach to work that systematically seeks to achieve small, incremental changes in processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.

So, here I am, committed to bringing forth myself as a writer.   I got over the first hurdle, which is perfectionism.   Thinking I needed to wait till my "techie side" got up to speed so to build a pretty and fancy blog page.  Nope, no telling how long before I could take that big of step.   So instead, simple action, simple blog page, and presto!  here I am sharing with you.  Oh, and one other important ingredient in my recipe for action; team support led by a strong call to action!   Thank you folks at LearnToBlog.com and our 30 day challenge.

Now, where do I go from here?  I like short reads.  I find the longer the read, the more I skim through the material just culling for key highlights.  So, no long reads for me at this stage.  Just nice and easy, showing up daily and writing.  Let's see where it leads.    

No comments:

Post a Comment