Monday, November 23, 2015

The Mind, Friend or Foe - Day Six Blog Challenge


Showing up daily to write and share publicly opens up a level of vulnerability that brings my writing critic forward.  Inner voices such as: what if I share with my readers my dark shadowy fears, won't they just unsubscribe? or  Oh my gosh, they will find out what a trauma case I am and realize I have nothing to offer them.   And the voices go on and on.  I guess that's what I'd call mind being foe (just to be clear, foe meaning an enemy or opponent).

I've been enjoying the teachings of Matt Kahn lately.  What most speaks to me in his offerings is to love all that surfaces.  Yes, love it ALL.  With that in mind, let me love my foe also.  And maybe just love it and not psycho analyze it.  Now that's a concept!  Just listen, just witness, just hold space for it.  No story, just hold it.  Hold my foe and rock with it in my arms.  I mean, if it wants to talk that's fine.  If it wants to cry or scream, fine too.  But me, my task is, I just hold it, rock it, love it.  Tender tender, I am here for you my dear precious foe.

And to you, my treasured reader, let me offer up a question and invitation.  Have these posts I've been making in this 30 day challenge brought up anything for you?  I'd love to hear what is stirring in you.  Any secret little creative projects lurking in your heart, longing to come forward? 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post! I can relate to putting your thoughts and feelings out for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fran, so good to hear from you and feeling your connection to this post. thank you

      Delete
  2. Great post! Funny thing is I'm on day 8 here in Western Australia and I wrote this morning on something quite similar and it was brought on because yes I had an unsubscribe this morning from my email list! haha, that brought a blog forward... do people want to think I am perfect or can they relate to me as a human .... ponder ponder ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christin, love hearing from you. I'm beginning to feel we're creating a "field" from this shared commitment of blogging. I can imagine more synchronicities, such as you mention here, blooming from this experiment.

      Delete