Saturday, December 5, 2015

Applying Kaizen to My Agenda & Daily To Do Planning - Day 19 Blog Challenge


Managing My Agenda and my To Do Lists is an area of my life that often befuddles me.  Essentially the scenario, more often than not, is that my days agenda I plan out for myself is in actuality 2 or 3 days worth of steady work.  So you see, I don't have a good handle on realism in regards to accepting how much I can actually do in any one day.  I find this quite curious and yes, frustrating. 

Kaizen is a practice of taking small incremental steps towards a goal.  It's concept I find very appealing.  I've dabbled in it over the years but never really committed to apply the practice to my really tough goals.


Let me say now that I am ready to commit to applying Kaizen to my agenda planning practice.  Really stick with it and target to achieve mastery so that I design realistic daily agenda plans.  Desired results being to feel happy and pleased with how I am managing my life and moving forward on my desires and goals.

Here's an example of how my daily agenda planning will be scaled down to fit my Kaizen objective.  I have quite a few online business trainings and launch preparation projects to do.  To date, I have never put in the hours I have hoped to each day.  I have felt very unfocused in my efforts.  I've gone from goals of 8 hours a day, to 5 hours, to 3 hours, to 1 hour.  I've not met any of these time allotments for study and prep so clearly something is not flowing for me.

This is where Kaizen comes in.  I shall keep cutting back the time and type of work I plan to do to get this project moving along.  This is where the power of the question can be very useful also.  Even if during my allotted time to work, I simply focus on these questions, it is time well spent on my business.   
  • What am I resisting.  
  • What do I need to do first.  
  • Is this the correct work that is best for me to be focusing on right now.      
  • How much time allotment is realistic for me to start with
  • What is my big WHY as to reasons to be pursing this business and financial goal
This is a topic I shall expand more on over the next few months, as I go deeply into exploring how awaken in me the aspects of this project that flows for me.  So it feels to be something that aligns with the bigger me.


No comments:

Post a Comment