Thursday, December 3, 2015

Leaps of Faith - Day 14 Blog Challenge


A dear long time friend asked me today, "what do you say to me this day about leaps of faith?"

This year my leaps of faith occurred during times when it was clear "a window of opportunity" was presenting itself.  Like the perfect storm of many things completing, coupled with a building clarity that certain things in my life needed to be let go. So I leaped. 

Even though it felt suicidal in a way, but only a death to a lifestyle that begged for closure. And only when it felt like to stay would invite a soul death far greater than the fear of leaping into the unknown and letting my heart guide me. 

I'm talking a leap of faith that included the end of a beloved 32 year home, the end of a dream partner fantasy, collapse of my money cushion, and closure of a career that held no more life for me.   If I would have known in advance, that 11 months later I would still be in free fall; that only now would I feel the parachute opening .... well, let me just say, it's best I did not see that far into the future. 

There are times when 'too much information' can immobilize one from acting.  

This leap of faith into free fall was ultimately an act of trusting that the universe is designed to support those who follow their heart.  That a heart based life is the natural design of the universe, and when we live from our heart we attune to the divine grace of existence.  We are in harmony with the flow of life.

Where did the courage come from?  A life time spent of too many choices being made from a constricted survival based mind set.  Get a job, don't be a weight on others, make it on your own. 

Earlier this year I adopted a motto from a Janis Joplin song, " Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose / Nothin', don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free, no no."  And in the words of Anais Nin:  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

For decades I felt and spoke of the sense of living in a prison, a self made prison.  I owe it to myself, I owe it to the higher destiny for my soul being, that I give this life my best effort.  I have fully tested out the experience of living in a fear based self made prison.  Now it's my chance to experience the magic of a heart centered life

Yes Universe, Yes My Inner Source, you do have a plan, a great plan, and I trust you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment