Friday, December 11, 2015

The Big Why - Day 25 Blog Challenge


For years now I have heard personal development leaders speak on the importance of the “Big Why.”  That in order to accomplish things of great significance to us, we need a powerful motivating factor.   Something we feel so strongly about, that when the going gets tough, this reason, this Big Why is what gets us to dig in deeper and persevere towards our desired future.

That Big Why is going to be unique for each person and my sense is it is most powerful if we find it by going deep within.  I used to want to hear what others big whys were, so to give me some ideas to help me figure out mine.  Some reasons I've heard are: so to buy a house, help those in need, give a good life to the family, financial freedom so to travel, great health, lose weight, super fitness, help the environment, become enlightened.  

Though I never called it a Big Why, my life journey has been totally committed to my inner healing and spiritual path.  I've achieved great highs there, and its why I am who I am now, and I like that person.  So that's all good, really good.  My Big Why was a search for well being, peace of mind, freedom from a victim mindset, a way to feel safe in the world, to clear the emotional traumas out of my body.

What did I hope these Whys would then give me?  An ability to unleash my gifts and creativity.  To feel a freedom to fully enjoy life, to know genuine gratitude, and possibly even uplift others along the way! 

I now have an inner foundation of well being and trust in life.  I'm awakening to an inner spaciousness that is eager to explore a larger arena of life.  That of how to give back to the world, be of greater service, and find purpose and meaning through being a part of the larger planetary unfoldment and evolution.

My task now is to ask myself regularly what is my new Big Why.  I'm in need of a new reason for being.  A reason so big, grand and inspiring that it awakens the entrepreneurial giant within me.  Then I will have the inner drive to arise to the challenge of  this next chapter of my precious life journey.  I've identified here a good many whys that could be my motivators.

Now here is what I feel is key in this.  I need to also be clear on what I hope I will get from my new Big Why.  What outcome am I seeking?

Coupled with the Big Why, I would also include the Big What.  What is the Why going to give me?

How about you?

        

No comments:

Post a Comment