Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gratitude A Law Of Increase - Day 22 Blog Challenge


It feels a natural progression to reflect on gratitude today, after yesterdays exploration of happiness, allowing and peace.   I'd like to experiment today with giving focused attention to feeling grateful and abundant for the many wonders of life I experience this day, moment to moment.

I'd also like to explore finding ways to feel grateful for the things and thoughts during the day that I am not, at first, able to feel a genuine gratitude for.   It holds high promise of being a rich and rewarding adventure into the self.

I admit, gratitude has been a practice I have done only sporadically.  It isn't a mindset I naturally default to.  I'd like to change that so to see myself in a new light, as a being who actually leads from gratitude.

It's interesting how often when I have been advised to be grateful, it feels like a 'should'.  It's not something that has arisen spontaneously from within as a practice I choose.  In a way it has felt like, I am doing something wrong with how I am holding my thoughts, and so I need to overlay my feelings with gratitude.  That particular formula hasn't worked really well.

Today is different though, as the desire is bubbling up from within as a natural and fun thing to do.  Not because something is wrong with me that needs fixing.  Rather the desire is one of play and delight, while within I know I am okay as I am.
 



Update .... Reflecting a day after this gratitude experiment, I already feel more expansive and uplifted.  I am experiencing first hand what many say, that gratitude is a law of increase.  The more I am grateful, the more I have to be grateful for!  This feels true to me this morning.  I feel lighter, upbeat and expanded in joy.    

Let me close this post with a resource to a Facebook page of mine, enjoy!   
Forgiveness, Gratitude, Kindness and Compassion

No comments:

Post a Comment