Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Power in the Question - Day 29 Blog Challenge


Patience, Surrender, Goal Planning, Praying, Pleading ..... the many attempts to move myself out of the present.  The many attempts to avoid accepting what is.   Always doing.   Micro managing and trying to control things.   So much busyness.  Why does the choice to sit and be still, to have no other agenda, why is this still so hard for me?  Do I think that meditation and stillness will somehow make me a better person than I already am?

I come across a quote, as I search for some inspiration for this writing.  
"Be happy in the moment, that's enough.  Each moment is all we need, not more." 
Mother Teresa

If I feel happy right now, then all should be good, right?  Does feeling happy take away my motivation to take action on my bigger goals in life?  Is drama what inspires me to improve and take action?  I can tell I'm not going to find answers in todays writing.  That's okay, it really is.  It's okay to come up with more questions than answers.  Some days are like that.  Questions are powerful.

I heard once how the brain is designed to seek out answers to questions we present to it.  Once the question has been asked, the brain goes to work on it and will bring us the answer, some time down the road.  I'm not a scientist so I don't know if this is really true.  I do know though that I find comfort with the thought, that somehow if I can ask a good question, life will help me arrive at an answer.

Let go.  The answer will come, most likely at an unexpected time, as a pleasant surprise.  Trust in life.  Have patience.  All things in due time.  All things in their own time.  The mystery.


     

2 comments:

  1. Questions are powerful & I like the way you realize as you write, that we due seek answers as we drawn to the light!

    ReplyDelete