Thursday, December 17, 2015

Be YOU - Day 30 Blog Challenge



The final post of this remarkable 30 Day Blog Challenge.  The ending of one commitment and the beginning of a new me.  A me that is energized to follow my heart and speak my truth.  To dig deep and find the most compassionate ways to express myself.  To be strong. courageous and have boundaries.  To be love, to feel love in all the cells of my being.  To not be afraid of the full range of emotions that may visit me at times.   May I be best friends to all of me.

“Listen to your being. It is continuously giving you hints; it is a still, small voice. It does not shout at you, that is true. And if you are a little silent you will start feeling your way. Be the person you are. Never try to be another, and you will become mature. Maturity is accepting the responsibility of being oneself, whatsoever the cost. Risking all to be oneself, that's what maturity is all about.”
― Osho



I've spoken mostly from my heart during this challenge, and have not relied too much on inspired quotes.  Today I'm feeling drawn to include some poignant words of wisdom from others.  Words that seem so fitting in helping tie together what this 30 Day Writing Journey has been about for me.  

It's also a shout out to you, my beloved reader, who has made this journey so special.  For me to come forward with my voice made public and to get feedback from you as to the impact this writing is having, has been life changing for me.

How much more meaningful is a life, when we can experience being a support to others?  That we are not islands unto ourselves, but we are one tribe on this earth, sharing in the beauty of a most remarkable planet.  How can we be our best selves in this journey?  What mark do we most long to leave behind from our time here?  

 "Centered and complete are not the conditions for creativity.
Creative people ship remarkable work because they seek to complete something, 
to heal something, to change something for the better.
To move from where they are now to a more centered, more complete place.
You don't get creative once everything is okay.
In fact, we are creative because everything isn't okay (yet)." 

I have built up my creativity stamina muscle during these 30 days.  Pushing myself to go deep within everyday, even on the days when I have felt the temptation to take a break. 

Committing to show up on a larger stage of life stimulates our growth.  Though sometimes there is resistance, pushing through most always leaves us feeling expanded and joyful.  

My biggest breakthrough has come from allowing myself to express before I feel I have mastered perfection.  That has been my liberation.  To learn to share from the space I am in right now.  That is enough.  In fact it is more than enough.  It is rich, dynamic and real.  It is liberating in a most primal way.  Springing up from within the present moment, unrehearsed and spontaneous.  

Most interesting and impactful for me has been using my daily experiences and soul growth as topics to write about. So, what might have just gone into a journal as random writing and "dumping" or talking with a friend - has now become resourceful writing with intention to draw insights from the day.  Sharing it publicly has been that extra step I have taken for transparency.  I feel I have come "out behind the sidelines" and have starting actually playing the game of life!  For this I feel immense gratitude.     

We are beings born to grow towards the light.  To bloom and express beauty and love.  Let us not forget that when we see around us many who have forgotten the greatness of who they are.  It is so easy to see the war and greed, despair and violence.  May we strive to lift each other up into the truth of our beings.  

And if sometimes it feels too hard to lift another, then let us be the light within ourselves, and that light will shine out and uplift others.  Being the Light is the greatest upliftment.   



Find that something to be thankful for.  Everyday.  
Be your best self everyday.

Thank you.  

2 comments:

  1. :-) perfect. Thank you for being part of the challenge. Glad to hear it was worthwhile for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Bradley, means a lot!

    ReplyDelete